The UK Going Cashless - Great Stuff

Reaction score
Country
Palau
The only good thing to come out of Covid is that we almost went cashless, most of us anyway. No one is sure when but it will happen within a couple of years if not sooner.

It is good to go cashless as it will cost the gov less ie save some money we pay in taxes

Massive tax collecting bonus when the cash-in-hand trade dries up

Those on benefits could have their spending controlled for the better EG, stop them from spending money on cigs, firewater, gambling or restrict it to minimums.

Those bleating the poor will be hit hard, the gov could raise Family Credit to initially compensate for any impact they have

Can't wait - think about - we do our supermarket shop o line paid by car, amazon, ebay, screwedfixed, argo, john lewis, m&s - fuel, bills, and even most odds and ends via card/online and even the fish n chips is now via card. I can't actually think of anything me, my OH and one of my children that lives with us pays for with cash. We don't do, rarely do public transport and even they have some type of card.

All flights are booked card as are our hols, cars bought and sold via online payments, serviced online pay - hnad the plumber out a few months ago, online payments

Are people in favour of cashless - reduces germs spreading as well.

Time to go cashless!!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/britain-forced-go-cashless-against-will/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/britain-forced-go-cashless-against-will/

Sponsored Links
Those on benefits could have their spending controlled for the better EG, stop them from spending money on cigs, firewater, gambling or restrict it to minimums.

You seem to like dictating how other people live their lives.

Are you one of these people that think poor people should not be allowed to watch Netflix, or have mobile phones, because they are poor and undeserving of modern life?

Sponsored Links
You seem to like dictating how other people live their lives.

Are you one of these people that think poor people should not be allowed to watch Netflix, or have mobile phones, because they are poor and undeserving of modern life?

where did I say they can't tv!!! I DID NOT, fact!!! Your seriously think I covered all essentials in my post:ROFLMAO:

It's taxpayers money and priroty must be given to paying their bills like all of us, paying their rent like most people do or their mortgage, food payments
and other essentials, and for the record, "Netfilx :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: is NOT, , I repeat NOT ESSENTIAL fact

I want a Bentley, a brand new one but won't as I have other priorties and will have to stick to the german cars atm

Going cashless and employing a CBDC will be a VERY bad thing. The Government will know everything you spend it on, and will decide if you have too much.

Nothing bad at all - imagine the drug trade taking a hit.

Imagine the cash-in-hand brigade having to pay taxes like my family and I

There are many more positives than negatives and thanks to Coivd, as per my OP, a lot of us wnet 100% casheless.

Btw - gifts to my nephews/nieces/etc as they are old, bank transfers or one can by gift vouchers online or pay by card

The only people I can think of that paid by cash is those often abused money wise car wash people

NB: Almost every Tom and dick has a smart phone and from what I seen many on benefits have much better phones than mine so there are APPS
to ultiles for them and the corner shop

You also have contacless payments

It will happen and the UK will benefit from a greater tax income.

Aren't Bentley German owned?

If you knew anyhting about cars most people in the know see them as quintessentially, British but better built than ever thanks to the Audi/VW group, FACT. One of my siblings has two and the best one is the Arnage, miles better than the cars we have

Do you really think Landrover/rangerover is Brtish!!!:LOL:

Who own Telteyl Tea - its not the British like many think, nor is Jaguar, fact!!

LOL, lol, BA is not Brtish owned - so what is the point!! lol

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cashless society here we come!!!

Last edited:
One of my siblings has two and the best one is the Arnage, miles better than the cars we have
You best get your stories straight. You're getting the numbers of siblings and/or Bentleys confused. :whistle:
I love a Bentley, lovely cars and two of my siblings have one each one has the Arnage and the other one has that big SUV.

If you knew anyhting about cars most people in the know see them as quintessentially, British but better built than ever thanks to the Audi/VW group,
It was a rhetorical question. I have a Passat estate, not new, but a cheap 2017 run around for fishing. It is by far the most unreliable car I have ever had, FACT!

I've made my point re the cashless way forward and as it is been pushed off track I will not post on this thread again.
A cashless society is the best route for England and England will become a richer nation when the tax cheats have to pay taxes
in full.(y)(y)(y)

Sponsored Links
Back