The UK is secretly testing a controversial web snooping tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very paranoid about who's stalking the net. And it's not the government or Google.

Sponsored Links
List your name and address on here. Do you have something to fear and hide?

Whilst you are at it and your kids names and addresses.

If you don't then you are a hypocrite. If you are so warped in supporting this then you do not value your privacy.

Can I set up a camera in your living room?
Nothing to fear, nothing to hide and the government already have my name and address as well as the name and address of my kids, my earnings, my investments and savings, how much in my bank accounts, how much on my credit cards, my driving license and passport details, my tax liabilities, any grants awarded yo my company, the properties I own, the cars and bikes I drive, my phone numbers, what web sites I visit and probably what I say in my own home via my mobile phone, laptop, iPads and my Amazon Alexa. I’ve got no problem with that. I take it you will be filling the census form in? NEWSFLASH: They know all those details about you, too.

As for this site, I think most people know my name, what I look like, what I do during the day and my occupation. That’s about all you need to know. You don’t need need my full name and address, do you?

Last edited:
Of the multi billions and zillions of emails, texts, messages, twits, etc etc etc swirling round the ethernet, am I bothered that a member of the secret/security services sitting in a dark room somewhere may show any interest in little old me? I think not.
Do I support the fact that the same person may be interested in tracking a group of baddies who may wish to do me or my family harm? You bet I do.

Sponsored Links
Of the multi billions and zillions of emails, texts, messages, twits, etc etc etc swirling round the ethernet, am I bothered that a member of the secret/security services sitting in a dark room somewhere may show any interest in little old me? I think not.
The nothing to fear/hide brigade always miss the point...

If the state has massive data gathering capacity on individual lives it has power and control...

Because should the state be faced with someone opposing them (or standing for 'election' for example), then even the slightest dodgy website visited, the slightest dodgy comment made etc can be held against an individual.

And that will apply to relatives/friends of a particular individual...

'For I the PM your dictator am a jealous dictator, visiting the iniquity of the fathers/mothers upon the sons/daughters to the third and fourth generation of those that hate me, and showing mercy to thousands of those that love Me and keep My commandments.

They would need a huge storage capacity just for the pages of drivel Himmy writes, let alone anything else.
Do you consider it drivel because it's beyond your intellectual capacity, or because you disagree with what I write?
I suspect a lot of both.
I would prefer you posted drivel rather than the persistent racially offensive comments you post, and are allowed to continue posting.

Nothing to fear, nothing to hide

am I bothered that a member of the secret/security services sitting in a dark room somewhere may show any interest in little old me? I think not.
Your sentiments are fine as long as whoever holds or wants your information doesn't use it for an illicit or unacceptable purpose.
A) what can you do if that happens? Sadly you will be powerless because they will already have all the information that they want/need.
B) what happens when their actions have an unintended and unforeseen consequence on society? For example, the stop and search powers might look acceptable on the "nothing to hide" level. But when those powers are exploited to alienate a section of society, they have had unintended and unforeseen repercussions.

Last edited:
This is the UK

freedom liberty democracy

it’s not France ;) they have been up to this caper for years spying on the population ;)

eves dropping devices in smart meters ;)
They even have words that trigger a response from security services and they are constantly being up graded with new words

UK
England

have recently been added since brexit

scoundrels

In 1799 William Pitt The Younger temporarliy introduced income tax to fund the Napoleonic wars. It's the same as willingly handing over your freedoms and liberties to an authoritarian government. Once it's done, it's too late and very difficult to go back.

I read that the Americans have these computer algorithms which can sift through billions of emails, the emails are not read in their entirety but if certain words, phases, numbers ect. are detected in a particular sequence then they are flagged up for futher investigation.
I don't know exactly what was meant by the term "particular sequence" but i quess a sequence of words like "I am a suicide Jihadist" would arouse suspicion.

In 1799 William Pitt The Younger temporarliy introduced income tax to fund the Napoleonic wars. It's the same as willingly handing over your freedoms and liberties to an authoritarian government. Once it's done, it's too late and very difficult to go back.
It was also said that those who sacrifice freedom for security end up losing both.

This is the UK
The UK? That country with some racists in the Royal Family? That bastion of UK institutions?
The country with the ex-head of the British Empire?
The country that cares more for statues than hungry children, or refugees?
The country that trashes international agreements two months after agreeing them?
That country with a lying racist PM?
That country that trashes the rights of second generation immigrants by deporting them to a country they've never lived in?

I bet you're proud to be British.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back