The Wicker Man revisited

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did you know that Hollywood is doing a remake of this film? It is set on an island off the coast of, wait for it..........America!

The Edward Woodward character is being played by...wait for it.......Nicholas Cage!

Now I don't know what you think but I reckon that this is one of the types of film that British film-makers are best at, and Hollywood can never in a million years hope to capture the atmosphere that made the film such a classic.
I for one won't be rushing to the cinema for this one.

Sponsored Links
hermes said:
Did you know that Hollywood is doing a remake of this film? It is set on an island off the coast of, wait for it..........America!

The Edward Woodward character is being played by...wait for it.......Nicholas Cage!

Now I don't know what you think but I reckon that this is one of the types of film that British film-makers are best at, and Hollywood can never in a million years hope to capture the atmosphere that made the film such a classic.
I'll catch it on DVD....love Nicolas Cage.... in anything

Is he going to play a drunk scottish policeman? :)

hermes said:

I bet it will be an allegorical allusion to Vietnam.

Sponsored Links
dg123 said:
I bet it will be an allegorical allusion to Vietnam.
What you mean they'll light the Wicker Man with napalm? :eek:

but in this remake Nicolas Cage, doesnt get burnt an he kills all the New England villages ...I imagine :)

The original film's cinematography had a foreboding drabness to it, didn't it? I bet the American version will be all glitzy and perfect. I bet it'll have a happy ending too!

I recently loaned the DVD to a pupil of mine (15 years old) - she said she was scared of Morris Dancers, but couldn't give a reason. "Ah!" said I, "watch this and you'll have a reason."

The music is great in it - a sinister folk music. "Landlord's Daughter". Great!

:D Like it.

Do you think the Nicholas Cage character will play an ex U.S.Marine?

hermes said:
:D Like it.

Do you think the Nicholas Cage character will play an ex U.S.Marine?
gonna be a bit out of character when he comes to sing the bit about "the lord is my shepherd" :LOL:

Enough about the Edward Woodward role, who's doing Britt Ekland ?

Whoever it is they will never do it as well as she did or look as good as she looked! :evil:

hermes said:
Whoever it is they will never do it as well as she did or look as good as she looked! :evil:
Unfortuately a body double was used for that britt eckland dancing naked scene although at least ingrid pitt's bath scene was ms pitt :)

Sponsored Links
Back