Thead type used on a 32mm waste fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the thread on the nut is that is used on a 32mm waste compression fitting?
The 32mm (or 1.25") is what used to be the inside diameter of the pipe going into the fitting (but pipes have become thinner walled so this is no longer true) so this has no relation to the thread on the compression nut.
I could measure the outside diameter and assume it is a BSP type thread but I wondered if anyone knew what it actually was. All I have managed to find is wiki saying the nut is 53mm

Sponsored Links
Don`t think there is a standard, use the nut supplied with the fitting.

Seems an unusual question, not sure what you're trying to achieve. The thread type/size on a compression waste should be irrelevant normally, as Just Pumps has said, you would use the supplied nut, and trying to use one part of a compression waste fitting without the other would be very odd. If you are trying to connect to a threaded waste pipe, then that would be different size if not thread anyway, normally BSP.

Might be best to add that sometimes using a nut from a different manufacture will fit it just doesn`t feel right when tightening up as in it feels a little sloopy on the thread and as my name is on the job I wont do it.

Sponsored Links
And how often does one see the conical rubber washer fitted the wrong way round or the slip ring missing :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back