Thermal store - hot water quantity has reduced

Thanks Hotfly. Yes I did think about switching the back-up immersion heater on to try that out - if that worked that would confirm the blender was ok I presume.

Anyway, an update. The client rang this morning to say everything was now fine. So this is with a surface mounted clamp on cylinder stat clamped onto the tank and set at 65 degree C.

I have read that these stats are not recommended but I'm not sure why, its clamped directly onto the copper tank so it seems like it should be ok to me. But I am a sparks to a heating expert so I might be missing something relevant to the safety of the system?

I can only assume that the probed type replacement stat that I fitted was not calibrated properly. I'm going to hook up a continuity tester across it and put the probe in a container of water and see if it switches at say 70 degree, then at 80 degrees, etc. I will have to use a thermometer to measure what's going on. If it is faulty I can try a different one - I am just a bit concerned that I have fitted a stat type that is described as not suitable.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back