Thermal Store Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrogear, another alternative, you could fit as suggested two combis. Two Intergas Rapid 25kw, which combined with give over 20 litres per minute, give natural CH zoning, one up one downstairs, and can take solar heated hot water, according to Intergas. You also have backup. They will cost around £650 each. A separate solar cylinder can be fitted later. They are within the gas meter limit.

Have one do one bathroom ad one the other, then one shower doe not interfere with the other. Join the combi DHW draw-offs for the backs using check valves. No G3 needed. You are competent so can service your own combis.

The Ferroli Modena 38C delivers 16 litres min. This maybe capable of taking in solar heated hot water, I am pretty sure it can. The 16 litre per minute may be OK for you and then only the Modena is used.

Sponsored Links
I fitted an unvented thermal store, linked to solar thermal for a chap a few months ago... He researched and supplied the product, I fitted...The only advantage that I can see is that he could have a little bit of heating when the solar panels are working....But then, why would you need heating whilst the sun shines?.
The heat is stored and you use the heat when you need heating. Hence the name "thermal store".

Electrogear, as an alternative, you could fit a:
  1. Worcester Bosch Greenspring instant water heater delivering 21 litres/min. It is 50kW. Cost about £1,300
  2. Fit a small, cheap, system boiler doing the CH.
  3. A vented solar cylinder with a big mains pressure coil with mains cold water being preheated and feeding the Greensping. Could be fitted later.
You are then diving and ruling with each system being simple. Also if the gas meter is being exceeded, have a flow switch on the cold feed to the solar cylinder/Greenspring which switches out the system boiler (via the boilers's stat circuit) when DHW is drawn off. Then you have a simple priority system and the 6 cu Metres/hr (62kW) gas meter limit is not exceeded. The diversity factor calc may put you within the meter's limit.

Worth pricing up. It may save space as well.

@DIYnot how long does this incorrect and dangerous advice have to keep being splurted.

Will you only be satisfied when someone is injured following this bullshit!

It's a disgrace that this forum lets this carry on as long as it has!!

Sponsored Links
JH hadn't heard of "diversity factor" until a couple of days ago , now he's all over it like a rash.

<Moderator's Note>

You should take professional advice from a qualified person.

This thread has been locked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back