thermal store vent pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I had a thermal store fitted 18 months ago.(sacked original plumber and his so called expert as they had less of clue than me) finally up and running ok, now the oil boiler its connected to needs replacing (20years old) On checking the vent pipework on the top of the store it has a 22mm T, one end is open to the loft tank the other end i have traced back to the boiler flow pipe before the pump, is this correct as it seems to as soon as the boiler fires and the pump runs water will be sucked from both boiler and vent pipe, any ideas ? and one more thing is there any legal reason i cannot fit new boiler myself and have it profesionally checked and signed off, many thanks

Sponsored Links
The pump should suck on the feed rather than the vent generally

You could fit the boiler yourself, but I think you'll have a hard time finding someone who's prepared to sign it off without doing the work themselves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back