Thermal stores

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear, they locked my original posting asking for advice on boilers and thermal stores because of the exchange of insults, no doubt. Any chance that we can revert to the question about using a thermal store with our without integral boiler?

I was saying that I looked at the Flowmax, Potterton, Albion and other products in this filed.

Sponsored Links
I've just installed a DPS product (only because of a combination of solid fuel, underfloor heating, gas boiler and a few other reasons) my normal solution if there wasnt solid fuel would have been an unvented.

I've found the product so far to be of poor construction, damaged when delivered and over priced for what it was.

Having had to repair Gledhill's for a few years and combined with this DPS item i wouldnt recommend another.

I've just installed a DPS product (only because of a combination of solid fuel, underfloor heating, gas boiler and a few other reasons) my normal solution if there wasnt solid fuel would have been an unvented.

I've found the product so far to be of poor construction, damaged when delivered and over priced for what it was.

Having had to repair Gledhill's for a few years and combined with this DPS item i wouldnt recommend another.

Look at the NU-Heat thermal store stainless steel. The Flowmax is good.

Oh dear, they locked my original posting asking for advice on boilers and thermal stores because of the exchange of insults, no doubt. Any chance that we can revert to the question about using a thermal store with our without integral boiler?

I was saying that I looked at the Flowmax, Potterton, Albion and other products in this filed.

Don't be put off by negative comments on aesthetics. Performance is what matters. Some people have high expectations of how an insulated cylinder should look. As for being damaged in transit this can happen to any product.

Have a look through this link..............

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73863&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The last page includes an installer with a very good word on the Pandora which I recommended in your last thread.

Sponsored Links
Yes, tomorrow I will call the pandora people to ask for information. By the way, my fuel is oil so this narrows down the choice when considering a unit with integral boiler as most of them operate with gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back