Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Can I ask has anyone used this product, I found it on the internet

http://www.*********.com

it claims it can cut my energy bills by up to 25% is this really true?

If anyone has used it, if you can post it here, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks for your help,

harshy :)

Sponsored Links
Hahaha.

It is probably like the anti-condensation paints that contain grains of e.g. polystyrene or cork.

It will provide a tiny bit of insulation.

However remember that most lofts have between 150mm and 250mm or insulation, and cavity walls have 50mm to 70 mm of insulation.

Insulation and heat saved varies with the thickness of insulation.

Unless you are going to apply paint 150mm thick you will not get the saving you would get from insulating your loft. 25% is obviously a lie.

However, if you like the look of this product, or are thinking of investing in the company, I also have some magic beans I can sell you and a goose that lays golden eggs.

I am interested to see they have an 0870 phone number, which costs you extra for the privilege of speaking to them. The extra charges are shared by the phone company and the paint company. I could not find "Thermilate" in the BT phone directory, even in Bradford or Huddersfield. The website avoids giving an address. Some of their "International Distributers" have email addresses at hotmail, AOL, yahoo and bigpond, so it is obviously not a serious business.

by the way, harshy, I see that the website designed is claimed by a person named Harshad Patel. Coincidence, huh?

Thanks for your help John, yes I am the web developer, although I have no connection with the company itself, I work for another company now and Thermilate just happens to be a client of it.

So do you think John, that I'd be better off using something else, any alternatives do you recommend?

The address of the company is here, I think they are serious enough
http://www.******.com/contactus/

harshy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back