Advice - save 25% on heating bills??!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone have come across an energy saving company called "Thermilate"
www.thermilate.com

They claim they can save me 25% on my heating bill by using any of their wide range of products. I am particularly interested in the paint and additive.

I have read through all their statements from what I understand they use NASA based technology to reflect heat, which has ceramic micro spheres with a vacuum inside stoping air from traveling.

I live in a north facing house, so no matter what type of insulation I have tried they all seemed to only delay the heat from going out, but this Thermilate sounds promising by actually stoping heat-loss.

Anyone here come across this product? :idea: :?: :!:

Sponsored Links
Mike I know your question was a long time ago but did you find out from anyone if the heat reflecting paint actually works?

Everyone probably ignored him because that is one of the most blatant and obvious attempts at joining a forum solely to advertise a firm he has a connection with that you're likely to see!

The fact that he hasn't commented on anything else in the forum in the 4 1/2 years since would seem to bear that out.

i would expect a typical saving would be in the region off perhaps 2% max
but that is only 2% off the heat loss from that area so if the heat loss is say 40% from the all the walls treating all the walls will only save you 2% off 40%
so if we assume your house looses £10 a day in heat loss then £4 will be the 40% from the walls
you then take 2% from the total wall losses that are £4 so £4 is 100% off the wall losses so2% is2p in the pound or 8p so 0.08% so there claim off around 25% turns into 10th off one pecent or 1000th off the total

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback Inky Pete and big-all. Big-all with respect to you saying you would expect a 2% saving, is this based on anything scientific/objective? It seems to me that it would be easy to test these products under lab conditions; as insullation is a big thing these days I am puzzled why no-one has not checked out heat reflecting paint. If they have and it doesn't work (or least the effect is too small) why can't I seem to find any formal reviews on the stuff?

the only way a paint could stop 25% off heat loss is if it could fill a hole and stop a bad draught :D

you will notice all the claim" up to"

have lived in flat where main bedroom had a wall that was cold to touch in winter and did consider if this type of product may help. has anyone tried at all? i suspect the results would be duff tho..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back