Thermister Resistance v Temperature and any useful info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im due to start out on my own on breakdowns in the next few weeks after training, im just after a bit of information that would help me really whilst fault finding although i know it will come with time.

I have a chart showing correlation of resitance v temperature for NTC thermisters ranging from 30 Ohms to 1kOhms but im trying to get one for the other NTC range i.e. 73Ohms - 1MOhms.

Just so m not orderig plate to plates when its faulty thermisters and for other uses obviuosly

also any sites that interesting information that will help me out in the real world would be great thankyou in advance

sham

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming you are questioning weather it was a 6 week course?? Actually no.... I'm due to start my breakdown side of my British gas apprenticeship so do tell my what is bad about sourcing information to aid me out on patch? As isn't knowledge power?

Sponsored Links
One of the best tips I've ever come across on any of these forums was;
Strip a Pot from an old PCB & stick it in your toolbox. If you think you have a dodgy thermistor replace it with the Pot & adjust as required. Of course this is just for a test, not to replace the thermistor!

Thanks to 'Silversurfer' on Screwflux.

Better to buy a 10k pot from Maplins and wire a 1.8k resistor in series.

Then you can use it to simulate a thermistor.

Even better if you put it in a box with a knob and add calibration temperatures.

Why have you not applied for the CC ?

Tony

Even better if you put it in a box with a knob and add calibration temperatures.

Tony

Thanks Tony, that's an even better idea.

As for the combustion chamber pot, well, after being kicked out the last time I'm not too bothered now. But hey don't get my wrong, there was a vote & the way it was done was very fair.
Thanks again.

Tony

Be a Luv Tony & give us all the components codes for Maplins or RS.................... ;)

I guess you could fit the pot, resistor & wires etc all in a choc box?
Right chaps, the first one that gets a photo of their thermistor tester posted up here wins a major prize!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back