thermocouple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on permamnet pilot boiler ie puma 80p, if the pilot was staying lit but main burner was not lighting you could rule out defective thermocouple as a cause since the pilot is staying lit thus the thermocouple must ne ok. am i right? i know its basic but just past my acs after years in army!! thank you

Sponsored Links
your right but on s.i.t (puma 80) valves you have to remember to twist the black pilot button back round to the flame position.

And on the Honeywells make sure the gas knob is fully out....carp manufacturing tolerances mean the front cover sometimes binds on the valve knob holding it in a little preventing full burner operation.

Sponsored Links
And on the Honeywells make sure the gas knob is fully out.

:oops: :oops:

Last job of the day in Stockwell to replace a fan. Job done and tested.
Got 5mins from home when got a call to say the heating wasn't working still. Was so ****ed off because I was sure it was something the old boy and done-when i left he was adjusting the timer.

Found the case was holding the knob in slightly :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back