Thermostat / Breezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Breezer, you probably remember me and my thermostat from a couple of weeks back.
Fitted new thermostat, though now nothing seems to work, no hot water etc..
The clock timer that switches heating on and off etc is also not working. Have checked fuse and this is OK. Is everything connected/worked through the thermostat ?? and am I likely to have wired it wrong ??
or could it be something else such as diverter valve, as even the manual override on that doesn't work.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it sounds like you have wired the stat wrong, even with a eletric valve stats only use two wires (not counting earth) live and switched live, you may have connected them across the wrong terminals.

There were 3 wires from old one, not including earth.
2 from 1 cable, Red and Black with earth in as well, and a single red one on its own.
Are Live and switched live the 2 red ones ??

it is debatable, but probably, since it depends on who wired it as to what they used

Sponsored Links
Thanks Breezer. When I said there were 3 from old one. What I meant is that from the wall their is a 2 core cable with red and black plus the earth, and their is also a 1 core cable that is red. I have assumed that the 2 reds are live and switched live. Does this sound about right ??
Thanks anyway, will be tomorrow before i try switching them now.

yes, sounds ok, some stats have a neutral, which is why i should assume the single red is there

It does say on Thermostat I bought " Gas Filled bellows means no neutral connection "
From your last message, do you mean the single core red is likely to be the neutral ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back