Thermostat connection issue

IMG_2051.JPG

Everything is working fine!
jackthom THANK YOU!!! I connected as you advised and it's working! Thanks!

I have one more question.
I got three devices from LIGHTWAVERF: Remote Control Boiler Switch LW920, Wireless Home Thermostat LW921 and LightWave LINK LW930.
Do you think it can be connected and work fine with my Potterton Gold boiler?
How should I connect it? There are 2 possible ways:

1. I should remove old Thermostat [Honeywell] and add (connect) Remote Control Boiler Switch LW920 I got?

2. I should remove old Thermostat [Honeywell] and also remove old Timeswitch [DRAYTON LP111] and add Remote Control Boiler Switch LW920 I got to it?

Could you please advice which way is the correct way to connect the Lightwave system? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
As you have a good set of LightwaveRF controls you could remove both the old programmer and the room thermostat from the board and replace them with the Boiler Switch LW920 which can be both controlled by the Lightwave room thermostat and scheduled via the Link.
The Lightwave instruction book looks pretty good so I'd have a good read of how the system works and connects together then maybe come back here when you're ready to have a go at changing over.

Sponsored Links
I connected power to boiler switch LW920 - L, N and EARTH. The boiler switch LW920 working fine. I can control from wireless thermostat [ON/OFF]
Next is connect the boiler to the boiler switch.
R - brown from boiler I connected to "COM" in boiler switch LW920
N - blue from boiler I connected to "NO" in boiler switch LW920

or

R - brown from boiler I connected to "COM" in boiler switch LW920
N - blue from boiler I connected to "N" in boiler switch LW920

Which one is correct?
When I look at the diagram in manual [LW920] it looks like first one is correct.

Your system is a bit unusual with the need for an extra neutral connection to the boiler controls so the diagrams provided may be slightly misleading.

N-Blue goes to neutral in LW920
R-Brown to NO in LW920
and a short wire link is needed from Live to COM in the LW 920

( COM and NO are really just the terminals of a switch and they become connected together inside the LW920 when heating is required making the boiler R become live.)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back