Thermostat connection issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I need to connect Honeywell Thermostat T40 - T6360B to my boiler and timeswitch

I have 2 cables.

First cable is from boiler. Brown is connected to R in boiler, Blue is connected to N in boiler.
Second cable is from timeswitch. Brown is connected to 1 in timeswitch black plate, Blue is connected to 3 in timeswitch black plate.

Where do I need to connect cables in Honeywell thermostat?

I remember 1 cable brown was connected to EARTH but I don't remember if it was from boiler or timeswitch.

Timeswitch: DRAYTON LP111
Thermostat: Honeywell T40 - T6360B
Boiler: Potterton Gold 12kW electric boiler

IMG_2043.JPG IMG_2035.JPG

Thanks for help! :)
Merry Christmas! :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi guys

I need to connect Honeywell Thermostat T40 - T6360B to my boiler and timeswitch

I have 2 cables.

First cable is from boiler. Brown is connected to R in boiler, Blue is connected to N in boiler.
Second cable is from timeswitch. Brown is connected to 1 in timeswitch black plate, Blue is connected to 3 in timeswitch black plate.

Don't you have the boiler manual? All wiring info is in there.
What controls did you have previously?
Does the boiler do heating only or heating and hot water?

I remember 1 cable brown was connected to EARTH but I don't remember if it was from boiler or timeswitch.
Don't understand. Which cable are you talking about? Which earth terminal are you talking about?

I didn't want to change Thermostat or anything - I wanted to move it from different wall into room where boiler and all of that is, as I needed to fit furniture close to the wall where thermostat was before. I had paper showing how it was connected before, but has been lost, so now after few days I am not entirely sure how it was connected. Loose 2 blue and 2 brow cables that you see on the picture, were all connected to Thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Is there an additional 3A fused mains supply for the controls? This should lose power when the main boiler circuit is switched off.
If not, wiring up a 3A spur close to the switch in the picture should be your first job.

Sorry I can't see it in the pictures. There should be a mains cable from that supply to power the LP111 programmer.

IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2048.JPG

Maybe thats a bettry pictures.

I didn't want to change Thermostat or anything - I wanted to move it from different wall into room where boiler and all of that is, as I needed to fit furniture close to the wall where thermostat was before. I had paper showing how it was connected before, but has been lost, so now after few days I am not entirely sure how it was connected. Loose 2 blue and 2 brow cables that you see on the picture, were all connected to Thermostat - this part is what I don't know how to connect

Manual is not clear - termostat manual also is not clear for me.

I disconnected thermostat from cables and now I need to connected it back but I don't remember where to put which blue and which brown as there are two cables of each color.

Little tip!

Before disconnecting any stat or similar, take a photo showing the connected wires!

Tony

I had a picture [I wrote evrything on the peper] but its gone [someone from my family throw it away... :(

OK I would first disconnect the cable you show held in your hand so the programmer then only has the mains from the spur.
ie brown Live to Live terminal of backplate which is also linked by short wire to terminal 1. Blue to the Neutral terminal.

Then add back the removed cable to the backplate with Brown to 3 and Blue to Neutral (now 2 wires together here).
The other end of this same cable connect Brown to Honeywell 1 Live, Blue to Honeywell 2 Neutral.

Then the cable from the boiler Brown R goes to Honeywell 3 and Blue N goes to Honeywell 2 Neutral (2 blue wires in this terminal).

Last edited:
Looks good but cables need tidying up and clamping so they can't easily be pulled out.

When you come to mount the thermostat further away try to get hold of some proper 3 core flex for the run and fit a small junction box on the board where the honeywell is now to combine the existing 2 cables together.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back