Thermostat Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys wishing to remove my old Honeywell dial thermostat for a Salus LCD display thermostat

Only thing is have no idea how to wire it

Both are 2 wire applications any help

I have attached pictures of current wiring and wiring for new box

Top pics are from old thermostat and bottom for new

Any help be great

Attachments

• IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
Two wires...two terminals. Are you really suggesting you're confused by that? Put one wire in one terminal, and the other wire in the other terminal. Make sure you turn off the power before you do this, and turn it back on again once you've finished

Sponsored Links
Ok but is there any specific order to put the wires I mean and also the new thermostat also has a terminal at bottom so that's three in total

Look at pics mate rather than casting assumptions

The bottom terminal is earth if required, but not in your case. 2 wires 2 terminals, go for it.

thanks guys is there any way around I need to wire the new thermostat or can I put the wires in any ports?

as on salus one says L and other SL

whereas on the old Honeywell thermostat they are in port 1 and 3

Doesnt really matter which way around, its just a simple switch. If you had read the manual it does state that the earth connection is there purely to stick an earth wire if there is one but its not required. I fitted one yesterday which had the neutral as well, which also isnt required so just cut the bare wire off and put some tape round it.

They really are about the easiest thing to fit.

great guys i will have a go at it tomoro

fingers crossed i dont mess it up lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back