Thermostat issue on Ariston WRc-NSF Unvented Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I seem to have an issue with my thermostat on the Ariston WRc-NSF unvented cylinder.

The water coming out of the hot water tap is very hot, but with the cylinder knob right down it still seems to 'click on', causing my programmer to send a hot water demand to the Vaillant ecoTeEC 637 System Boiler. If I keep turning it down it does click off, until I have to turn it down further, while not making much difference to the water temperature. The boiler's flow temp is about 80 degrees, if that makes any difference.

If the cylinder stat is set all the way down (about a centimeter before the off position) and the water is already quite hot, does this indicate a fault with it?

I just want to rule it out or call in a G3 plumber before I start blaming the controller which has been running solid for 10 years.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back