Ariston WRC-NSF tank is not heating water properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Many thanks for your help on all of this stuff. Very much appreciated!

I however now have another problem. My Ariston WRC-NSF tank is not heating water properly (the overflow leak issue was sorted out by Homeserve, and turned out to be the T&P valve).

When I switch the top immersion heater on, I get hot water as expected. When I however switch the bottom immersion heater on (off-peak, main usage heater), the water is only mildly warm.

As I still haven't moved in (but hopefully next weekend ), I'm not quite sure whether the bottom immersion heater was heating water to the correct temperature or not.

Having had a look online, I see that there is a reset buttom on each of the thermostats for the heaters, as well as a screw to adjust the temperature.

I'm thinking to have a go at adjusting the thermostat, but what is the best way to find out what temperature it is heating the water to?

Many thanks in advance!
P

Sponsored Links
I haven't read the previous posts.

When I switch the top immersion heater on, I get hot water as expected.
All well, then.

When I however switch the bottom immersion heater on (off-peak, main usage heater), the water is only mildly warm.
Do you mean during the off-peak period?
It should come on all night. It won't work during the day.

I see that there is a reset buttom on each of the thermostats for the heaters,
It will not be working at all if the overheat cutout has operated.

as well as a screw to adjust the temperature.
It could be set too low.

I'm thinking to have a go at adjusting the thermostat, but what is the best way to find out what temperature it is heating the water to?
It should be set at 60°C.
Thermometer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back