Thermostat move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Our current RT is in the hall downstairs. Problem we have is that when Mrs does some cooking, the RT is picking up this heat.

My questions is how easy is it to move the RT upstairs where it is not affected by cooking heat. Is much re-wiring involved ?

Ta :

oops:

Sponsored Links
I can't imagine what you're expectng us to tell us about where the wire has to go between, in your house. Isn't it pretty obvious to you?!

Sponsored Links
Install a radio thermostat. Then you can put it in whichever room you fancy.
I fitted one for a similar problem, and now we have it in whichever room we are in. This way we control the temperature where we are rather than the temperature in an empty room.
They are very easy to fit and not expensive.

Either put RT stat in or close the door..My stat in is in the hall when cooking heat gets to the hall so I no to adjust stat. IT has taken 3 yrs to get my house heating correct. Its all about trial & error & then say B***cks only U know what u can do Or cant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back