Thermostat not connecting to boiler - Siemens RDE10.1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I hope someone can help me with this.

I have a Siemens RDE10.1 thermostat and it doesn't seem to be connecting to the boiler. It is showing on the thermostat that heating is on but the boiler isn't kicking in.

This happened a few weeks ago and I just reset the thermostat and it started working again but this isn't working this time.

Does anyone have any idea what is wring with it and how I can fix it? I have young children so don't want them to get cold. :(

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi. Thank you.

The boiler is an Ideal Isar. Not sure on model number, sorry. It is an HE24 or HE30 or HE35.

The boiler is kicking in when I turn the hot water on and I have increased the pressure to about 1.5 as it was just above the 1.

Hi you'll probably need to check some mains voltage wiring to get much further. Are you confident with that ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks jackthom. I'm not very confident with that but I did keep trying to reset the thermostat every so often and it has now started working again. :confused: Hopefully it'll be ok now.

Sorry for asking an obvious question but have the batteries been replaced recently. If the unit is acting up some new Duracells might help.

Sorry for asking an obvious question but have the batteries been replaced recently. If the unit is acting up some new Duracells might help.

I did wonder this but the battery light isn't on. Maybe I'll change them anyway just to be sure.

Ok so now this gets odder. I put the heating on this morning and now it won't turn off!!

I assume the thermostat will have a receiver of some sort, would this be on boiler? How would I find it? Do you think I'd need to take boiler cover off? Thinking it may need resetting.

I have turned the boiler off now and will just have to turn it back on when I get cold. Maybe I'll have to get someone out on Monday :(

There isn't a wireless transmitter/receiver with this model. The Thermostat is just connected to the boiler by a pair of wires and it acts simply as a switch to turn the boiler on in heating mode.

When heating is required the switch closes and the two wires are effectively connected together. A small relay inside the unit does the switching and if it is still working you may be able to hear a click when it goes on or off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back