Replacing old Siemens thermostat with Honeywell THR870C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Siemens RWB29 Programmer attached to my boiler. There is also a Siemens rotary dial room thermostat which isn't working very well. I have got myself a Honeywell THR870C to replace it. Unfortunately I'm having trouble working out what the wiring should be.

The THR870C manual has 8 different wiring diagrams in it, none of which seem to say they are for replacing an existing room thermostat.

The Siemens RWB29 manual doesn't have much information either.

Is it possible to use that THR870C as a replacement for my current thermostat? If so how do I wire it up?

Sponsored Links
Here's some pictures of the current setup.

After talking to a friend, the thought was that the brown wire is live and should therefore be connected to 'A' on the THR870C and the black wire that's attached to terminal 2 currently should go to 'B' on the THR870C.

If that's right the loose black wire, and the green and yellow earth wire won't be needed with the new setup.

I'm planning on giving that a check with a voltmeter tomorrow to make sure, but I thought I'd also ask here to see if anyone has any other thoughts on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back