Thermostat not working - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise whether I can check something obvious? The heating is coming on at planned times etc but not switching off when it reaches the set temperature. Thermostat and timer are Honeywell. A guest switched the main switch off by mistake which turned off timer etc and has been playing up since turned back on.

Should I try fitting a new thermostat?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
as you do not mention the actual model of thermostat concerned i have to ask is one of the "electronic ones" as it may have lost its information when the power turned off, we have one but it runs on batteries

Thanks for responding.

The timer is digital but the thermostat is not. ie. it has a dial. Couldn't see a model number on it....

Does the thermostat cllick as it did before? If so the fault may lie elsewhere. It would only take a few minutes to find the fault with a £10 multimeter.

Could be a boiler fault. What is it?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The thermometer does click as before. I think you're right, the problem is probably elsewhere. The heating continued to stay on even though the timer indicated it was off. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultimate 60FF.

if the boiler is on (so that works) the stat clicks (that should work) but boiler stays on when it shouldn't and some one turned off mains (for a short time) it may be the "Timer" is giving wrong instructions and overiding the stat (cant see how, but its the only thing left) what happens if you turn off the supply for say 2 mins then back on what does the timer say / do and is it an electronic one or mechanical

When mains switched off and then on, the timer comes back on as usual. It is a digital timer. The time DOES indicate the heating is off but boiler continues going....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back