Thermostat problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just had a Worcester Bosch Combi boiler fitted I'm having problems with the digital thermostat. When the system gets up to the required temp it cuts the heating off as it should. However what we are experiencing is today for example the heating got up to 20c and cut off. 3 hours later the thermostat is still showing 20c and the heating has not kicked in. At the moment I am gutted as I feel I have wasted a lot of money, am I doing something wrong with the thermo? ie temp setting or positioning it's currently in the hall same place as the previous old thermostat. Can anyone suggest an alternative way of keeping a constant temp throughout the house.

Sponsored Links
Hi I have just had a Worcester Bosch Combi boiler fitted I'm having problems with the digital thermostat. When the system gets up to the required temp it cuts the heating off as it should. However what we are experiencing is today for example the heating got up to 20c and cut off. 3 hours later the thermostat is still showing 20c and the heating has not kicked in. At the moment I am gutted as I feel I have wasted a lot of money, am I doing something wrong with the thermo? ie temp setting or positioning it's currently in the hall same place as the previous old thermostat. Can anyone suggest an alternative way of keeping a constant temp throughout the house.

You haven't actually said what the setting is? :rolleyes:

Had several calls this week from customers that are moaning that they are cold, but the system and controls are doing exactly what they are supposed to do but the customer refuses to accept that their new ACCURATE digital control needs to be set higher that the 30 year old bimetallic thermostat.

For example.... my boy's bedroom turned off 7 hours ago, but is still 20 degrees in there.

The utility room has been off for even longer, but it is still 16 degrees in there.

(I have room level control by the way).

Doctors call it hypochondria. Heating Installers call it "ball ache"

what Dan says, if your stat is saying 20 then it is 20 so unless you turn it up past 20 it wont fire as it is doing its job. Are you actually cold?

Sponsored Links
what Dan says, if your stat is saying 20 then it is 20 so unless you turn it up past 20 it wont fire as it is doing its job. Are you actually cold?

I did feel cold after 3 hours with the heating not kicking in. I deliberately sat it out to see how long the thermo would take to drop to reactivate the boiler. After 3 hours no heating had come on rads all cold to touch but thermo still read 20c. I think the thermo is not reactive enough when the temp drops. Its a Salus (any good?).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back