Thermostat replacement - help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'd be really grateful if someone could help with this. I bought a Danfoss TPone-B to replace a very old dial thermostat. Thought it would be simple but I was wrong. Boiler is and Oil, Worcester Greenstar Heatslave II recently installed by previous house owner

The existing Drayton thermostat is wired into the switched socket supplying the boiler. Three terminals are used in the thermostat - N (blue wire) L (brown wire) and CALL (black wire).

The new Danfoss has COM (COM), OFF (NC) and ON (NO)

Can anyone confirm which terminals I need to use on the Danfoss please. Given that it battery powered and I think the old one required mains I am reluctant to use trial and error on this.

The cable to the boiler has 5 cores, the usual 3 plus black (fed to thermostat CALL) and grey (fed to thermostat L). When the double pole switch feeding the boiler is on there is 250v at the live (L) terminal in the thermostat

I've tried pasting images but they aren't showing for some reason

Any advice on this would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Bottom right hand side, there is a button "upload a file " click that and add your photos , your post makes as much sense as my wife trying to order from a menu :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for your reply Ian. I tried that but all I get is an error message despite having reduced the image size to a couple of hundred bytes.

To simplify. I have an old Drayton thermostat controlling a new Worcester Heatslave II boiler. I bought a Danfoss TPOne-B to replace it. The Drayton has three wires, wired into N, L and CALL. Which terminals do these relate to on the new Danfoss? I have a choice of COM, NC or NO. I know from Googling that the neutral is probably redundant for my battery powered Danfoss but not sure which terminals to use.

Thanks

I’d go for L into Com and call into NO, NC not needed and terminate neutral wire safely in a connector block.

Sponsored Links
Grey is your live feed to the 'stat; connect it to Danfoss COM.
Black is your CALL from the 'stat; connect it to Danfoss NO.
Disconnect and make safe the L, N, and E that are not required for a battery operated device.

Thanks all for the responses. I'm now confident I can do this without destroying the new thermostat or my boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back