Thermostatic bath shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are this good? Do they do a style that is deck mounted to the bath. Or are they all swan necked? Can they be over ride to run a bath as hot as a combi will allow?

Sponsored Links
Yup, not truly deck mounted but close, they invariably use riser legs @180mm.

th

Grohe/Hansgrohe used to do a true deck mounted version but I don't think they do them anymore
They're ok, they have the temp stop to ensure a 38deg constant for the shower and the bath, if hotter water is required then as with a bar shower, click the red button in and turn it up. Just make sure it's calibrated properly when installed.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
From a Combi point of view, I’d say they’re similar.

Having had a thermostatic shower with my combi for a while, I would never go back to a standard mixer shower! :confused:

It's a cheapo on legs from VictoriaPlum, but it does give a good shower.
Although filling the bath takes a little longer, and even at the coldest setting, warm water is still drawn in from the combi - don't think about attaching a garden hose to this tap! :sneaky:

....and I might be talking rubbish, but I've found that there's an optimum setup, that might require tinkering with the water temperature on the combi - hotter water means more cold is added by the mixer - and a more powerful shower. But not too hot that the combi struggles!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back