Thermostatic Radiator Valve Head Won't Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have recently moved into a new house and noticed that three out of four radiators upstairs are missing the Thermostatic Valve head. I recently bought some replacements however when trying to fit them realised they won't screw on to the current pipework as the thread seems to be slightly smaller than the valve head meaning it won't grip. It appears they are fairly old radiators so wondered if they are an old type thread size or perhaps imperial (if that exists)?. I have compared the one radiator that still has a valve with the new ones I bought and there is definitely a slight difference.

I wondered if it is possible to buy a thermostatic valve head with a different thread size rather than replace the whole shooting match and draining the radiators down etc. I don't fancy trying it myself and would rather just screw a new valve head on to the existing pipework if that option is available.

Any help would be appreciated as I have no idea what I'm looking for!

Cheers

James

Sponsored Links
if you post a photo of the valve someone will be able to tell you which head will fit them

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sorry for the delay I've been at work. I've attached some pictures. There's the radiator without a valve showing the thread and then the radiator with the old valve that does fit still attached. The one in my hand doesn't fit.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that! I did Google the valve brand but still didn't really have a clue what I was looking at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back