Thermostatic Radiator Valve pipe length

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm replacing a couple of radiators in my house and would like to install TRVs. I'm not skilled enough (or don't want to go to the trouble of!) altering pipework.

The TRVs that I've seen appear to be too long horizontally. The non thermo valve I'm taking off simply has a large nut on the horizontal side that "sits on the radiator" and screws onto the valve (although I appreciate it's all part of the valve).

All the TRVs that I've seen (and the "Tower R446zx053" that I inadvertantly bought) seem to have the extra compression joint that clamps onto an "extension" pipe that screws into the radiator. This makes the valve too wide for my current pipework.

I suppose I want a valve that doesn't have the horizonatal compression fitting, but is shorter and just has the big screwthread nut!

Hope this makes sense, and really appreciate any ideas.

Gav

Sponsored Links
why not just use normal valves then? or the currant valves that are in place?

Why not post a pic and we can tell you what valve to get.

Thanks for the replies,

Ideally I want use TRVs to control the tempreature in the rooms more specifically. One of the rooms is my baby's nursery and we want to be able to keep it at the right temperature.

I will take a picture but it might take me a while to figure out how to post it! Watch this space....

Sponsored Links
Save the pic in a prog like PhotoBucket, then copy and paste the img or url tags.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back