Thermostatic Shower is too HOT!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I have a question regarding the shower I have just fitted and hope somebody can help.

The shower I have is a Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower and is the same as this http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1673-15906

I have it connected to my hot and cold supply. The hot is supplied from my recently fitted Baxi 105HE Condensing Combi Boiler.

The problem is when I run the shower I have problems controlling the temperature, it always seems too hot.
When you adjust the temperature control handle it seems to make very little difference and then when it gets to a certain point you here a click inside and then it just runs freezing cold. To get it hot again (too hot!) you have to turn it virtually all the way back the other way when it ‘clicks’ again and then goes too hot.

When I say too hot, I don’t mean scolding, it’s just bearable to stand under.

Sorry for the long post but I’ve tried to give as much info as possible. I’ve tried adjusting the temperature output of my boiler but this doesn’t seem to help (I’ve now left it at 65oC which is what the shower instructions recommend)

Is there a way I should have commissioned the shower is it just knackered? I was under the impression you just plumbed these things up and they where already set up?

Help....

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
remove the knob and replace it 3 splines colder :idea:

Just tried that but the temperature control dial only has a 3/4 turn adjustment on it before it stops in each direction so that doesn't work :?:

Sponsored Links
After a few e-mails to the manufacturer I've hopefully resolved it so here's an update for anyone with the same problem in the future.

Turned out that I had the hot and cold the wrong way round! The shower has little red and blue stickers on inputs but it turns out these where put on the wrong way round during manufacture.

I guess if I was a plumber then I'd of know that it was UK standard to have the hot on the left! It would have helped if the instructions had stated this for those of us who aren't plumbers!

Never mind, but top marks to www.plumbworld.co.uk for great after sales help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back