Thermostatic shower mixer bar for low pressure feed from com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking to get a new thermostatic shower mixer bar as I don't seem to be getting a lot of pressure from the combi boiler (water pressure isn't great around here). Are there any products out there specifically for low water pressure.

The one I have in at the moment was only very cheap, do more expensive ones give better output anyway?

Is ther such a thing as a low pressure shower head?

Many thanks for any advice?

Sponsored Links
To be honest, as your shower is mains fed it should already have a decent pressure.

You could have a low flow rate and poor pipework that antagonise the situation so I would look to eliminate whatever is practical. Standard 15mm isolation valves are quite restrictive and if you have any of them fitted in the supplies from the mains to the shower valve I would suggest changing them to the full bore type.

But to get a better handle on your particular problem are you able to advise what your water pressure is and what the flow rate is?

It should go without saying that a scaled up shower head will have a major impact on flow and pressure so keep it clear of lime scale.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back