1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Thermostatic shower valve issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by wwwebber, 15 Aug 2018.

1. wwwebber

wwwebber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all.

Used our new shower for the first time last night all appeared fine except that the temp range only goes from quite hot to hot - ie if I turn it all the way round to cold - it's still hot water (but less so) when you expect cold. I cant call the plumber back as this was done two plumbers ago (long story) so I'm looking into this myself in the first instance.

Been looking at the manual here at work and it sounds like the hot & cold might have been installed the wrong way around ?. This apparently can be cured by taking out the cartridge and turning it around 180 degrees.

Does this sound feasible ?

This is an unvented cylinder system.

Cheers.

2. polesapart

polesapart

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well, withholding the make and model of the shower despite having the info obviously to hand makes it a bit harder but

I'd be inclined to check the section on "commissioning" and "setting the temperature range" before jumping to conclusions about reversed supply pipework.

Obviously the latter can only be checked on site, easier on an exposed or bar type, but if need be on a concealed model by removing the thermostatic cartridge and sending cold water only to the mixer.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. wwwebber

wwwebber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Words like "sounds like" and "might" are hardly conclusions. And to say I withheld anything is a bit heavy handed - maybe I just forgot ?. Anyway, I solved it - it was indeed the temp range which I adjusted by trial and error - nothing in the manual.

5. jeff the gasman

jeff the gasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We do get some knobs on here . Ahem

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links