Thermostatic valve fitting on radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am going to need thermostatic valves fitted on about 8 - 10 radiators upstairs in my house. I know I can buy them for about £15 a pop, anyone know roughly how much a plumber would charge to fit them/ (wouldn't even attempt this myself btw :eek: )

Cheers all :cool:

Sponsored Links
Just leave the old ones.
I'm dubious on their energy saving and they quite often stick or fail.
With rented property for landlords I never fit them. The landlord doesn't want calls saying a radiator isn't working and the call out charge as the tenant won't be paying or doing anything about it.

90% of the houses I go to I see them on setting 5 so they aren't doing a thing to save anything.

Sponsored Links
My problem is that the radiators are old and to turn off i need to use pliers etc and Im not gonna do that every time :evil:

Maybe I'll just get just get ordinary valves as its not energy saving I'm after more just being able to turn on and off easily?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back