Tado Smart Radiator Valve Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Considering buying the Tado Smart Thermostat and valves. However I'm not sure if my upstairs radiators will be compatible with the valves. Has anyone had any experience of installing Tado Smart Valves. Do you know how to determine if they'll fit?

Attachments

• IMG_4165.jpg
    IMG_4165.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4166.jpg
    IMG_4166.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4167.jpg
    IMG_4167.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Those aren’t compatible, you’d need to upgrade to normal TRV’s with threads and then the Tado heads.

Not sure about tado but wiser comes with adaptors for danfoss valves.
They have a grub screw that allows the adaptor to lock onto the body and then the wiser head screws into that.

Evohome also supply such adaptors so maybe Tado do as well?

IMG_20221115_112209.jpg

IMG_20221115_112228.jpg

Those are the adapters you get with the tado trv, hopefully someone can advise if there's a suitable one there.

Sponsored Links
All big thanks for your help and Thom1983 thanks for the images. Looks like there's lots of options. I think the best bet is to buy a set and put them on my downstairs radiators and then try one of them on the radiator upstairs.

Got DANFOSS RAS-D² ANGLED THERMOSTATIC TRV & LOCKSHIELD 10/15MM X 1/2

Do you know how to remove the thermostat?

If you want a set of adapters to try I'll send you a set of mine, all my rads use the standard fitting with no adapters so I've bags full of them that will get binned eventually

@thomp1983 huge thank you for the offer but going to buy the valves. Was just busy buying the wireless kit which I’ll have a try at fitting. Thanks again for the offer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back