Thermostatic valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me if thermostatic valves should be fitted to the flow or the return. on a combi vaillant boiler. as I uderstand it should be the flow.
I have found 8 of mine are fitted to the return...

Sponsored Links
Preferably on the flow but some are bi-directional they should have arrows on the valve body for direction of flow.

Thanks for that ,yes mine are bi directional, but I would prefer that they are fitted on the right configuration.
Many thanks for your reply

Thanks for that ,yes mine are bi directional, but I would prefer that they are fitted on the right configuration.
Don't waste time (and money) moving them to the other end. It doesn't matter which end they are on: all they are doing is adjusting the flow through the rad; and what goes in is the same as what comes out.

Some argue that a TRV is better on the return as the lower water temperature has less effect.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back