Thermostatic valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got two radiators to take off whilst decorating both of which have thermostatic valves. I've got to line the walls and then paper, obviously leaving a good amount of time between for the lining to dry out. When I've done it before, the valves drip and I've been told that because they are thermostatic, they never completely shut off.

Is there anything available that I can get to screw onto the valve to cap it off?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A decorating cap is usually supplied with each new valve..then they dissappear, like The Elephant`s Graveyard :rolleyes:

Why not just re-attach the radiators but have them resting on the floor? close the air-screws and the water won't go anywhere (except into the radiator)

Thanks for the replies. The idea of resting them on the floor seems a good one. I'll just murder the bloody kids if they go near them!

Sponsored Links
Is there anything available that I can get to screw onto the valve to cap it off?
Yes, a 1/2" cap with a washer can be screwed onto the 1/2" male thread of the TRV body outlet. If it happens to be a 3/4" thread, then a 3/4" cap. Such caps are available generally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back