Thermostats - wiring new digital in place of honeywell t40 advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a center manual thermostat, with the wiring schedule as shown below. I want to swap for a heatmiser slimline v3,

How do i swap the wiring over please? What confuses me is the mention of two neutrals. I have 3 wires - live, neutral and what i assume is switched live. Which is switched live in this?

And i am assuming i will wire it in like this:

A2 being switched live (pin 3 on the old)?
L being 1 on the old
N being 2 on the old
And wire in a loop?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Sponsored Links
Top picture I see brown and grey so assume brown, black and grey that seems good. Bottom picture I see brown, blue and green/yellow with green/yellow connected to live, that is clearly not right, yes I know it says
BS 7671:2008 said:
514.4.2 Protective conductor
The bi-colour combination green-and-yellow shall be used exclusively for identification of a protective conductor and this combination shall not be used for any, other purpose.
Single-core cables that are coloured green-and-yellow throughout their length shall only be used as a protective conductor and shall not be over-marked at their terminations, except as permitted by Regulation 514.4.3.
which some seem to think means if not single core it can be over-sleeved. However except for the cord from the ceiling rose to bulb holder an earth must be run even if the unit is class II since 1966, so even if you did feel over sleeving is permitted then still non complaint.

Thank you for the reply.

I should of stated bottom picture is not my unit. It just shows the connectors on the back of the heatmiser slimline v3.

I am yet to connect mine. So I guess I'm asking how I swap the cables from mine, into the one marked n l a1 a2.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back