They threatened Corbyn would take us back to the 70s.. But the Tories did

I blame the shortage on people buying electric vehicles, and lack of investment over the decades. Nationalise it all, gas, electric, phone, water, rail ,steel, the lot.

It should never have been sold off in the first place, along with the post office.

Each sector could have been made profitable with the correct leadership and management.

Sponsored Links
It should never have been sold off in the first place, along with the post office.

Each sector could have been made profitable with the correct leadership and management.

Thatcher etc used privatisations as a way to generate revenue which they then gave out in tax cuts which got them voted back in.

except if you privatise something, you lose public assets and make a country weak…..the UK is just a foreign owned entity with terrible public services as private companies only care about shareholders profits.

Thatcher etc used privatisations as a way to generate revenue which they then gave out in tax cuts which got them voted back in.

except if you privatise something, you lose public assets and make a country weak…..the UK is just a foreign owned entity with terrible public services as private companies only care about shareholders profits.

For balance, it's worth noting that the EU favours privatisation and has in the past held Britain up as a role model.

Couple of years ago we spent £27k on a wall saw.
Two months ago we bought a new table saw for £17k

Neither has Imperial measurements - metric only.

All our work is done in metric because nobody understands Imperial
I suspect that well over half the staff were not even taught Imperial at school

Sponsored Links
Couple of years ago we spent £27k on a wall saw.
Two months ago we bought a new table saw for £17k

Neither has Imperial measurements - metric only.

All our work is done in metric because nobody understands Imperial
I suspect that well over half the staff were not even taught Imperial at school

Do you think Boris will send The Imperial Police to your place of work, stick masking tape to the scale and re-write them in inches?

Completely agree.

The problem is and it's more a conservative issue more than labour imo they don't look at things long term, they look at a quick solution to make headlines, and get them to the next election.

Usually I find the decisions government make tend to have a positive effect on their personal wallets/purses, and thus for ministers to look past this is a rare sight indeed.

With Maggie she had one thing in mind and that was to squash the unions and keep inflation low, so in that respect at least she had a long term plan..

Sponsored Links
Back