Thin bricks or concrete blocks needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have a slight dilema with my extension, the guy who poured the concrete footing poured it slightly too high and now im struggling to match up to my existing brickwork level. I now have to either cut loads of bricks or blocks into 45mm thick slithers for my first course ontop of my foundation blocks or buy some ready made thin bricks if such a thing exists??

Any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys, I have a slight dilema with my extension, the guy who poured the concrete footing poured it slightly too high and now im struggling to match up to my existing brickwork level. I now have to either cut loads of bricks or blocks into 45mm thick slithers for my first course ontop of my foundation blocks or buy some ready made thin bricks if such a thing exists??

Any ideas thanks

How much height have to before you get to ground level ?
If a few courses, build up with thicker mortar beds / bricks on their side etc.

Or cut up some 50mm paving slabs and use those ?
Or slate, or quarry tiles, etc.

Lay a course of brick on edge, or a block flat as the first course

Sponsored Links
I have 3 courses to go before im out the ground, thanks for the advice, I have bought some 40mm thick concrete slip bricks as used in a block and beam floor, So one course of those and im matching the brick line.

Happy Days :D Thanks for the rapid replies. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back