Thin conduit/tube to bury in concrete.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a porch in front of my recessed front door.

The current level needs to be increased about 240mm to match the indoor floor level.

I want to fit three LED lights in the new front of this area with the wires fed back through buried conduit into the house. The conduit will need to bend 90 degrees to follow the route into the house!

Sounds simple at first, until I discover that all the easily available conduit is 20 mm and that the rigid 16 mm oval does not seem easy to bend gently and uniformly into a long radius curve.

So any cheap small bore tube or conduit which can form a long radius bend?

Or any easy way to make the bend in the rigid 16 mm oval?

Tony

Sponsored Links
The cable is only about 4 mm and the entry into the house needs to be through a thick and very hard wall. I am hoping to minimise drilling this with a large diameter drill.

Unless anyone can suggest anything else the best I can think of is 10 mm plastic heating tube but I was hoping to use something very cheap or that I already have in stock.

I need to have a single length in case I need to replace the wire so that I can use as standard draw rod.

The problem with smaller diameter conduit/tube is the wire will be far more difficult to pull through.
You can use the 10mm if you want, but before installation suggest you temporarily fix a piece in the curve & length required and then try pulling the wire through it to see how difficult/easy it is.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back