Thin patio material advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a outside yard and alleyway down the side of my house which is next to a river. A couple of years ago we removed the old concrete pad and replaced with new concrete with the view to covering it with something more aesthetic such as pavers. However, having lived here for a while it's obvious we don't want anything that is too thick as they would raise the floor height too much.

From research I have found resin and printed concrete, but I wondered if there was anything else I have missed.

The material needs to only be about an inch in depth if possible to sit on top on the concrete pad and be able to be laid with a slight slant away from the house.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Resin is your only choice really. Perhaps tiles if the concrete is very flat.

PIC is not a coating or topping but rather the concrete is stamped at the time of laying.

You can get very thin sandstone flags these days, like 15mm. Cermic tiles too. Even with cement underneath it could be kept below an inch total.

Sponsored Links
Modern frostproof quarry tiles could give you about an inch, including adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back