Conservatory base above house dpc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
We moved into our house last year which has a large all wood conservatory 5m x 3m attached to it, we would like to replace this with a upvc one with a dwarf wall, the current one sits on a huge concrete pad which is at least 10 inches above ground level then there is a single row of bricks with the wooden conservatory sat on them, the bricks are set back on the concrete exposing about 6in of concrete base around the 3 sides. Now the thing is to my dismay i see the top of the concrete base is an inch above my house dpc !, the conservatory must have been there at least 20 years and there is no damp at all in the house, what I want to know can I build my dwarf wall on this concrete pad or am I going to have a problem with damp ?, the concrete pad by the way is so thick I think it could hold a battleship up and i dont relish the task of removing this as we cannot get any heavy machinery around the back of the house. I would be grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
The pad may have a membrane lapped up the house wall to separate it.

I hate PVC. yuk. Can't you keep the timber one? :evil:

Could be hadnt thought of that will have to try and have a look, wooden one seen better days so it has to go unfortuately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back