thin plywood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on sarah beenys restoration nightmare this week they put down some plywood flooring and said it cost £2 a square metre. i have some rooms in the basement that i would like to floor but only have a small budget at the moment and this would be ideal. can anybody advise exactly what type of plywood this would be and where might stock it?

Sponsored Links
Sounds enormously improbable, similar to plasterboard, surely ?

Even if correct, this would only be very thin to lay on top of another load-bearing floor, you couldn't use it to walk on without support.

all she done was take ply and groove it with a router
it dose not look natural as the grain is cut off the outside it is only 3 or 6mm ply at 1220x2440 [3m square]so only a covering with no strength

Sponsored Links
i watched that one it was just 6mm ply nailed onto the existing floor boards, then varnished. It looked ok. You could probably order the wood pre cut into strips from any timber yard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back