Tiled.concrete floor and Plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm redecorating my bedroom and would like some advice on how to install the new floor.

The floor is tiled and concrete in one corner - it's the really old heavy tiles that were used in the 1900's - this room was once a kitchen but the tiles were never the 'finished' flooring.

I'm planning on installing plywood for the finished floor (inexpensive) and just buy a large rug.

The floor is very even however because it's tiled and concrete it's also very cold. I'm looking at using green 6mm underlay board to add noise and thermal insulation and to level out any small lumps.

How would I fix the green underlay sheets to the concrete/tiled floor and then fix the plywood onto the underlay? Ideally I don't want to use screws however due to costs that might be necessary.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back