This doesn't look right!!

unbelievable :eek:

nstreet said:
I'm no expert, but to me it looks like they've used a flashing plate for a flat roof, not one for an inclined roof and tried to bodge it. Or it could just be the angle of the photo. :confused:
Yep, you maybe right, it will lift again in the next wind

This is how it should be done

seldek-nu-lead-flashing-b.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes - I think you're completely correct there, 'bodge it' describes it perfectly; the rubber collar is not angled as it should be. So long as the roof doesn't leak I'll have to live with it - I really don't want them back again to bodge it even further and risk them loosening slates.

Still what do I know - I just have a Ph.D. - although admittedly not in roofing. The developer is never wrong and just gets abusive when he gets backed into a corner. He is a particualrly unpleasant character (with allegedly even more unpleasant 'friends') so if I get more problems I guess I'll just have to call out some real experts - I really can't face arguing with him any more.

It's a real shame that you just can't rely on some folk doing a decent job - I'm sure it would have been much easier and no more costly to have fitted the correct plate in the first place rather than having to rectify it now.

Frazz

masona said:
unbelievable :eek:

nstreet said:
I'm no expert, but to me it looks like they've used a flashing plate for a flat roof, not one for an inclined roof and tried to bodge it. Or it could just be the angle of the photo. :confused:
Yep, you maybe right, it will lift again in the next wind

This is how it should be done

seldek-nu-lead-flashing-b.jpg

Has that one been done by the same person, the right tile is lower than the left, they never bothered cutting a thin strip on the right tile so it's nice and neat tut tut.. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
nstreet
That was exactly my thought when I saw first photo.
Using a 90eg flashing it won't take long for the flashing to work its way back up the flue again, particularly without the weight of the tiles to either side.

I should have looked at page2 (everyone thinks it's for a flat roof). Doh.

ok, the guys a bruiser.......but there`s a quick way to sort the flashing ..strip of lead along the front under the tile .dressed up and then welted into the front of the existing lead slate...that`ll hold it would take me half an hour once I`m up there ;) ....by welted I mean a folded joint .........not hit with a Brummy spanner :LOL:

I'd buy the proper angled tile and change it over. If someone did that to my roof they wouldn't stay alive long! ;)

those rubber/lead universal slates are pretty much the same for flat/angles .....that`s why there universal :LOL:

Nige F said:
those rubber/lead universal slates are pretty much the same for flat/angles .....that`s why there universal :LOL:

I've gotta have this done soon. Probably against corgi regs etc but may fit the tile myself and let corgi do flue part. If this is what a building firm does to your house. Makes me scared to get a roofer in. Not near Bristol are you Nige?! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back