This fell off my mini,what is it?

Sponsored Links
John,

Just a rubber block with plastic fixing, quite heavy. It came from the front passenger side when my girlfriend went over a kerb island in a car park :confused: :oops:

Any idea if safe to drive as she is in Birmingham and I'm in London :)

I'm afraid I certainly can't identify it for sure, but bumping up kerbs puts mountings under severe stress.....
I can only recommend that the car is driven slowly and carefully to the nearest garage for a look see - so sorry I can't be more specific but maybe others will recognise the thing.
John :)

Sponsored Links
It's a new mini 57 reg I think. Thinking about it I wouldn't be surprised if it was already on the floor and she assumed it fell out of her car. :LOL:

No noise from the car yet.

Any other ideas? I thought it looked like its got a grove similar to the jacking point, could it be a support?

Uuurgh here's me thinking it was a classic Mini :oops:
I bet thats what it is....clips onto the sill to receive the jack - yet another guess :p
John :)

FWIW, it's not a part I recognise from a real Mini. Like you say could already have been on the floor from the previous car that hit the curb like your missus did.

Nozzle

Get her to look under the car, if its a jack point there will be one on each side - look on both sides :)

You should be ashamed of those pictures they are awful!

IMO its a jack block from one of the corners of the sill :)

Has it been up on a hydraulic lift recently or trolley jack? Could be a rubber block from the pads used to protect the underside.

Has it been up on a hydraulic lift recently or trolley jack? Could be a rubber block from the pads used to protect the underside.

Are you sure it fell off her car, and wasn't just there on the ground, from another car.

Sponsored Links
Back