this guy likes his fixer foam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fixer.jpg

Sponsored Links
All he needs now is a bit of 300mm wide UPVC trim all around the outside and it will be fine!:p:p:p:p

Mortar has never been favourite with window fitters. Foam is the new silicone.

Those jambs look delightful. If ever a job was screaming "re-build my jambs" then this is deffo it. He's even got a handy piece of slate in the gutter for packing. Wot a pro.

Sponsored Links
believe it or not hes a local builder doing the house up to sell or rent, there was no window there before, hes split the small front bedroom into two so added it.
i went to look at the house when it was up for sale and it was literally a shell, ex drug den, everything was gone even the floors, even though it was only 25k it needed to much work so i didn't buy it.
when i saw him doing the window i couldn't believe my eyes, theres a small extension around the back that was leaning so bad it needed completely rebuilding, but im guessing its not going to get it :)

last year i did three decent sized jobs where a "builder" had started it and either bodged it up or not finished off, theres no wonder people dont know who to trust

Reckon those bricks were fine until he made the opening?

Looks like one of those guys on Homes under the hammer "Yes the whole refurbishment came out on budget at £3000!"

You really have to admire the care and attention to detail that Guy is giving in trimming off the structural Foam he has so lovingly and really carefully placed in all the correct strategic points

Tbh, once that foam is pointed over to protect it from UV, there may not be any problem at all.

That bloke might be smarter than he's being credited for.

Tbh, once that foam is pointed over to protect it from UV, there may not be any problem at all.

That bloke might be smarter than he's being credited for.
I'm not questioning the effectiveness of the foam, rather the aesthetics. The closure sized gaps and the perp joints close to the jambs are not easy to look at. A couple of small props under the concer lintel and a jamb re-build would have been a boon. Off a scaffold of course!

You have not got permission to use this image.
You have invaded my privacy and my solicitor will be in touch.

;)

If you blink very fast, about 15 times, the brickwork looks straight for a couple of seconds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back