This shower feed is perplexing me...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying (note the word trying and not succeeding!) to remove the old power shower from the wall, then the bath and replace with an all in one shower cabinet. Sounds easy. I've managed to get the unit off the wall so I am left with the hot and cold pipes sticking out of the tiles. All was going roughly ok. The hot feed I have shut off from the tank so no water coming out, yet the cold is flowing out (more than a drip but not a huge amount of pressure) yet I have stopped the water at the stopcock at the front door of the house. No water is dripping out of any of the taps in the house although I have recently moved the basin across the wall and the cold pipe that fed it I have blanked off as it was all that it fed, if I try and take that blank off there is a lot of pressure there (haven't dared take it off for more than a second or two, so not sure if it's residual pressure in the pipe or what).

For now I have just temporarily connected some plastic pipe to the cold feed via an elbow joint so it leaks into the bath and not the floor (reason why is another disaster...you can guess!) and it doesn't seem to want to stop!

I'm just a simple woman trying to refurbish the bathroom and it's all going so wrong! Please help!

Sponsored Links
Negative! Have stopped the water quite a lot over the past week (moving basin etc) and not had this problem anywhere, and we definately just have the one (hot) tank in the loft!

Just had an idea...

Could it be from the Economy 7 storage tank??..

The water coming out is cold but we haven't had the heating on for months.

Sponsored Links
Tell us how your plumbing works..!

The water's either coming from a tank which is above the outlet, or from the mains, possibly via a tap which isn't fully off.

Is it an ordinary small house? Is it in a terrace or semi; or is it a larger one that might be (or have been) split into maisonettes, flats etc?

Is it an old house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back