This site slow down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I, some weeks ago, said I had a major problem with just this web site, where I would type on screen and it would take several seconds for my typed characters to appear on the screen. There was also a delay in all other operations on the this site, scrolling and loading of pictures etc.. If I Shut Firefox down, restarted it, all would briefly be fine - then the delays would gradually get worse, the more I used the site. There were absolutely no such issues with other sites, or with other software I might be using at the same time.

Well, it seems to be fixed - There was a rather lengthy update appeared a few hours ago, from MS for Win10, since when it has performed on this site, exactly as I would expect - Yay!

Sponsored Links
Agree, this site sometimes slows and replies take longer to post - with the small symbol in top right to say it's trying it's best. Or maybe JohnD was slow scrutinising my post that day. Either way, it's a minor irritation that doesn't happen often. Only thing is to avoid pressing enter again otherwise you will post twice.

As an aside, I also use Firefox and sometimes find that everything slows. Then I check FF and find there'a an update. So it looks to my inexperienced eyes that FF slow the browser to encourage you to update.

Last edited:
As an aside, I also use Firefox and sometimes find that everything slows. Then I check FF and find there'a an update. So it looks to my inexperienced eyes that FF slow the server to encourage you to update.

I always check FF is up to date, when there has been a W10 update, as FF seems to almost always offer one soon after. Not this time though..

As an aside, I also use Firefox and sometimes find that everything slows. Then I check FF and find there'a an update. So it looks to my inexperienced eyes that FF slow the browser to encourage you to update.

If you check Firefox 'settings' you can set the browser to update automatically.

Sponsored Links
If you check Firefox 'settings' you can set the browser to update automatically.

It is (I think) set to do that, a little mark appears in the top right corner, when there is an update to install - but I have to notice it and do a manual FF restart. Anyway, the site is back to normal as of yesterday, following a W10 update. I have had no recent FF updates offered, the the issue must have been something to do with a previous W10 update.

Back