Why Is This Site So Slow To Load Some Pages These Days?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me?

For the last few months, I have found this site slow to use. Every time I visit, some actions happen immediately, others take a long time to load pages. I seem to spend quite a lot of time with 'waiting for a response from DIYnot at the bottom left of the screen.

This site used to be the fastest to use. Not any more. Do others get the same thing?

Sponsored Links
I've noticed this a few times too. Sometimes it's taken up to 2 minutes to load a page. Seems the initial request is sent to the server, then it takes it's time to load the page.
Probably time for DIY Not to replace the Commodore 64 for summat a bit more modern. Perhaps a Viglen 386SX . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mine stoped working completely the other day, fortunatly, guess what my son does for a living. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the responses. Thing that muddied the water for me was that the slowness seemed to start about the time I replaced my pc, earlier in the year. But the new pc is much higher spec compared to the old steam-driven one I had, so didn't make sense. It was only DIYnot that was slower - everything else was warp-factor 9. :cool:

So, not much I or we can do. Hopefully, someone from from Admin will notice this thread, and do something if it's affecting lots of people.

Just going to make a cup of tea whilst this reply finds it's way onto the thread. :rolleyes:

Fellow sufferer her too.
Have had this a number of times and usually get so fed up I just log out and try later.

Sponsored Links
Back