Thomas Dudley Vantage Dual Flush - no large flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently bought new house with one of these concealed cisterns. The small flush works every time, the large flush requires the button to be pressed several times to work.

Had a little read - someone mentioned "bellows" in the button - removed this but can only find a rubber diaphragm that runs in a plastic tube in the button assembly - all seems well - good "puff" of air felt at outlet. removed cover - shortened the plastic connecting tubes and excluded kinks/holes etc.

Still same issue - I'm assuming now a problem with the flush valve. It looks as though this can be removed via a service aperture at the front of the concealed cistern. Question is - are there any user servicable parts and if replacement is needed do I need to buy a Thomas Dudley one (with it being a strange concealed cistern) or would a better option be available (I read lots about "fluidmaster" on here)?

All help appreciated.

(It looks as though they don't leave much room to work - would prefer a normal cistern with a lid that lifts off!)

Sponsored Links
Fluidmaster do a flushvalve with either a 350mm or 550mm cable. If either of these are suitable, go for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back