Thompson water seal ultra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My render on the outside of my house is being done at the moment. The person doing it has got some Thompson water seal ultra to put on the render after it has dried. I am then going paint with Dulux weather shield.
Will this be ok, I have some concerns if the render is sealed will the paint have anything to key to.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Geoff

Sponsored Links
Probably best to give them a ring. It allows water/vapour/damp from the inside out by being breathable, this could cause bubbling and eventual flaking in a paint that isn't breathable or microporous/permeable.

I wont go anywhere near exterior render with paint for at least three months in good drying conditions because it is slow to dry, i'd presume it would have to be dry for the water seal as well, another reason to give them a ring.

Thanks for the advice, I have tried to ring but closed at the weekends. Will bell them Monday.

Cheers
Geoff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back